Get Schooled Rules and Regulations
Get Schooled by Hank Haney Sweepstakes
EACH WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL AND PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE ACTIVITIES OCTOBER 25, 2013 THROUGH OCTOBER 27, 2013 (no exceptions).
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: Get Schooled by Hank Haney (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on Friday, July 5, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be four drawing periods to award one (1) Grand Prizes in each drawing. The Global Golf Post-conducted sweepstakes represents one drawing period, that will result in one winner. The remaining drawing periods are being conducted by other partners of PURE Grips. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of JMW Golf, LLC. (D/B/A PURE grips), 954 East Juanita Ave., Mesa, AZ 85204 (the “Sponsor”) and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702 (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS) and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Administrators database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
Visit Global Golf Post page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Globalgolfpost) during the Sweepstakes Period and access the Get Schooled by Hank Haney Sweepstakes application on the Facebook Platform by clicking on the tab to the “Sweepstakes” page. Enter the Sweepstakes by completing the entry form, checking the box indicating your agreement to the official rules, and clicking on the button to submit your entry
All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the specifications, or description specifications, or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be automatically disqualified. Incomplete, illegible or mutilated entries will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or illegible entries. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in it sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRIES: Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: Only the number of prizes listed below will be awarded
in each drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prize includes the following:
Roundtrip air transportation for one (1).
Ground transportation to/from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.
Two (2) nights hotel accommodations at Talking Stick Resort. Accommodations include room tax, maid service and bellhop gratuity.
Friday arrival includes reception with appetizers and light dinner, Saturday: Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday: Breakfast and lunch.
Two (2) Day Hank Haney Clinic.
Round of Golf.
Approximate retail value of each prize $3,500. Winner is responsible to bring their own golf clubs.
Airline transportation shall be by coach class roundtrip from an airport reasonably close to the winner’s city of residence to Phoenix Arizona, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a designated Sponsor representative whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the Prize. Trip winner must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner is solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the winner from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the Prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided. If a winner’s home address is within 125 miles of Phoenix, AZ ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation. The cash difference between air and ground transportation will not be offered to the winner.
Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes, if any, gratuities, incidental charges and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest major airport and the winner’s place of residence.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Random drawings will be conducted based on the schedule in Rule #4 from all eligible entries received prior to each drawing. Conduct of the Sweepstakes is under the supervision of the Administrator. Each prize winner will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate prize winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
6. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: Prize winners with a Prize value of $600 or more will be required to complete a form 1099 Tax Payers request for Identification, execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where permitted by law) a Publicity Release form (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”).
Entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
8. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. Sponsor will determine winners based on Sweepstakes conducted based on non-suspect entries. to award prizes. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding Prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of Prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of Prizes available in the Prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such Prize(s). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, and the Sweepstakes Entities (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any Prize.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules (print this page) and/or any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Get Schooled by Hank Haney, PO Box 2274, Framingham, MA 01703-2274. All such requests must be received by 9/30/13.
©2013 JMW Golf, LLC. All Rights Reserved.