Sign up to receive our free weekly digital magazine!


DLIII Excited To Make Return At The Players

Davis Love III has been looking forward to Thursday since he had neck surgery in February.

Ideally, Love hoped to be ready for the Heritage three weeks ago or the Wells Fargo Championship last week but, barring a setback, he will make his return to the PGA this week at the Players Championship.

After playing at Phoenix earlier this year, Love decided to go ahead with a two-disk fusion in his neck to alleviate a long-standing issue that had caused him a variety of problems in recent years. Love’s doctor told him there was a 95 percent chance that surgery would cure the problem, but Love worried about the 5 percent.

“I literally woke up after surgery and felt fine,” he said. “The pain was gone. The tingling was almost gone in my fingers and since then all it’s been is trying to get my arm strength back. That’s been a longer process than I’d like but my therapists think I’m ahead of schedule so I’m excited.”

Love said it’s a matter of regaining his fitness now, and he can feel that coming back.

“Every week I get a little bit stronger,” he said. “I hit the ball a little bit better, my distance is back … I’m getting there.”


Recent Posts