Having hopped from Maui over to Oahu, the PGA Tour’s first full-field event of 2016 begins Thursday with the Sony Open in Hawaii where we’re sure to get another dose of daydream-inducing glamour shots from the islands.
Here are five players to keep an eye on at Waialae Country Club in Honolulu:
5. Rory Sabbatini — A tie for sixth in this event equaled his best finish last year.
4. Jerry Kelly — Some places just fit players and Waialae fits Kelly, who will turn 50 in November. Don’t be surprised if his name is on the leaderboard.
3. Adam Scott — He likes starting at this event and after sorting through various issues in his game last year, Scott seemed to have found his comfort zone again near the end of 2015. He’s a man with something to prove this year after a lousy season.
2. Brandt Snedeker — He finished tied for third at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and looked like the old Snedeker on the greens. This could be a good spot for him.
1. Jimmy Walker — He’s won this event the past two years so there’s no arguing with his track record at Waialae. A three-peat wouldn’t be a shock.