Now that the Masters has been tucked away for another year – the discussion about it will continue for weeks – the PGA Tour has rolled into the lowcountry comfort of Hilton Head Island, S.C., where the vibe is decidedly laid back.
The RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links is the perfect spot at the perfect place on the Tour schedule, though it comes too early for defending champion Jim Furyk, who doesn’t expect to return from wrist surgery until sometime in May.
In the meantime, here are our five players to watch at Harbour Town:
5. Kevin Kisner: This is where Kisner began his great season in 2015, pushing Furyk to the limit before losing in a playoff. Kisner has been off form in recent weeks but maybe this is where it clicks again. He’ll have no shortage of fans pulling for him.
4. Matt Kuchar: There hasn’t been much flash to his season but Kuchar is still one of the steadiest players around. He likes playing Harbour Town, where he won in 2014.
3. Jason Day: He’s the No. 1 player in the world so he’s immediately on the list of favorites. A couple of big numbers undercut Day’s run at the Masters but he still lurked within striking distance on Sunday. He’s capable of winning anywhere and any time.
2. Paul Casey: It wasn’t too long ago that Casey had fallen out of the top 100 in the world but he’s back in the top 30 now. He’s a grinder and all that’s missing from his comeback is a victory. Coming off a T4 at the Masters, Casey seems due.
1. Brandt Snedeker: He’s already put together a tremendous season with one win, a playoff loss at the Sony Open in Hawaii and a couple of other top-10 finishes including last week at Augusta. Snedeker won the 2011 event at Harbour Town and has all the pieces that fit at the short, tight, fun to play layout.