With the Players Championship in the rearview mirror and Jason Day taking the week off, the Tour starts its Texas two-step at the AT&T Byron Nelson.
It’s a home game for Jordan Spieth, who missed the weekend at the Players in his first start since the Masters. Cause for alarm? Not really. But if he’s flat this weekend, the chatter will increase.
Here are our five picks:
5. Boo Weekley: When Boo starts making putts, which he’s been doing, he’s dangerous because he almost never misses fairways. Plus, there’s not much more fun than listening to Boo talk about golf and life.
4. Zach Johnson: He’s been undone by one bad round in each of his last three starts. If he can eliminate the down day, expect him to contend.
3. Ryan Palmer: He’s been playing well in recent weeks and he always seems to be in the mix at the Nelson.
2. Jordan Spieth: At the Players, Spieth said he had focused so much attention on his full swing that he had neglected his short game and putting. Expect him to start holing putts again at home.
1. Dustin Johnson: He wins at least once every year and he hasn’t won yet in 2016 so this could be the week. DJ has been a top-10 fixture at the Nelson and there’s no reason to think this week will be any different.