Tiger Announces Return to Golf at Hero World Challenge

Rob Schumacher-USA TODAY Sports/Reuters. Picture Supplied by Action Images.

Less than a month after committing to the Safeway Open only to back out three days later, Tiger Woods is apparently ready to play competitive golf again.

Woods announced on Tuesday that he will indeed return at next month’s Hero World Challenge, Dec. 1-4, in the Bahamas. The field will include a bevy of superstars such as Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler and others.


“I am excited to make my return at the Hero World Challenge at Albany and play in this terrific tournament,” Woods said in a statement. “This is our 18th year, and every year we put together a top field that showcases the best golfers from the previous season.”

Tiger hasn’t played competitive golf in over a year, last teeing it up at the 2015 Wyndham Championship. The longest break in his golf career has been mainly due to a lingering back issue; Tiger has endured three back surgeries, including one on Sept. 16 of last year. Click here to view a timeline of Tiger’s injuries. 

In a recent interview with Charlie Rose, Woods said he still believes that he can surpass Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major championship victories. Perhaps we will see him return to at least competing for those titles in 2017.

Comments

Recent Posts