1. Justin Thomas woke up nervous on Sunday morning. OK, so maybe he was just anxious thinking about his former school (Alabama) playing in the College Football Championship tonight against Clemson. Either way, Thomas had a coming-of-age moment at Kapalua.
2. The influx of talented Australian amateurs is making a major impact on the world of golf. You can thank a concerted and dedicated effort on the part of the Aussie development program.
3. While Jim Furyk is reportedly slated to be the U.S. Ryder Cup captain for 2018, Rory McIlroy is not feeling as patriotic. The Ulsterman expressed resentment toward the Olympic Games for making him choose between representing Great Britain or Ireland.
4. The new King F7 and F7+ drivers from Cobra are long, forgiving and surprisingly smart. An ultra-light sensor in the grip enables you to know the distance and accuracy numbers for every tee shot.
5. Jay Monahan may not have any plans to tweet, but he certainly has some plans to shake up the PGA Tour schedule. The new commissioner talked about ending the season before the NFL regular season starts, getting an event back to Miami, and making the FedEx Cup three events instead of four.