Welcome to the fourth Global Golf Post issue of 2018. Here are this week’s top stories:
- While he struggled mightily off the tee, Tiger’s sharp short game led to his first made cut in over two years. Read Ron Green Jr.’s column on Woods’ performance at Torrey Pines.
- Xander Schauffele, the reigning PGA Tour rookie of the year, made over $4 million last season. So why is he still driving a Toyota Camry? The Post comments on this week’s most buzzworthy happenings in A Quick 9.
- Jason Day’s playoff victory over Alex Noren earned him an 11th PGA Tour victory. What clubs did he use to do it? Read all about them in our Range Rat report.
- Li Haotong went head-to-head versus Rory McIlroy and came out on top. He did it in record fashion, to boot. Read more about the buzz he created in China.
- The Post’s Lewine Mair talked with Ladies European Tour executive chairman Mark Lichtenhein about the beleaguered circuit’s prospects for a rebound. Catch that interview here.
- The LPGA is embracing its international flair. That was fully evident this weekend as the leaderboard included players from all over the globe. Read Steve Eubanks’ column here.