Upon occasion, we may offer giveaways or sponsor contests via Global Golf Post postings via third-party social networks like Facebook or Twitter. Unless otherwise stated, these contests are subject to the following conditions:
Only legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older are eligible (affidavits of eligibility may be required);
Specific prizes and/or conditions are unique to each contest and shall be disclosed upon posting of the contest;
Entry may be subject to third-party social network registration, or upon completion of a short survey;
Winners may be determined in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, by a draw, by answering a question correctly, or by being the first respondent to an inquiry; and
Global Golf Post’s decisions are final in all matters relating to the giveaways, promotions or contests.
Regardless of the format of a contest, the following general rules shall apply where applicable:
“THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE U.S. OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
2. Contest Period: This Contest will begin upon notice to the public and end at a time to be determined by Global Golf Post, in its sole discretion (the “Contest Period”).
3. Prize Drawings: Drawings for this Contest will be held as soon as reasonably possible after the contest ends. All entries received will be eligible only for this drawing subsequent to Global Golf Post’s receipt of such entries, unless declared ineligible, according to Global Golf Post’s interpretation of these rules, in its sole discretion.
Limit one entry per household. For the purposes of this Contest, an “entrant” shall consist of a person, family or household with a valid household mailing address and valid household e-mail address. Should multiple entries be received for this drawing, all such entries will not be eligible. The winner of any prize here under is not eligible to win any further prizes in this Contest. Proof of e-mailing an entry does not constitute proof of delivery. Incomplete entries are void.
4. Official Rules: By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”). All entries become the property of Global Golf Post and will not be returned. Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this Contest.
5. No Responsibility: Sponsor is not responsible for any computer system, or technical malfunction of any telephone lines, computer on-line systems, software, hardware, servers, access providers, computer equipment, program malfunctions or other errors, failure of any entry to be received by Global Golf Post on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at website, or any combination thereof, that are human or technical in nature, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this Contest. Global Golf Post reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries prior to action taken by Global Golf Post should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Global Golf Post corrupt the security, administration or proper play of the game. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.globalgolfpost.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Global Golf Post reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such devices will cause disqualification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” person in whose name the email account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the “Eligibility” section of these Official Rules. “Authorized Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
6. Drawings: Random drawings will be conducted by Global Golf Post, the judges, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest. One (1) drawing will occur and winners will be notified by email or the social media forum in which the Contest was conducted. If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable period. If due to an error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
7. Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should featured prize become unavailable. All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
8. Prize Winners: Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law), within fourteen (14) days of the date notification is mailed. Failure to comply with this condition will result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected. All prizes will be awarded. Except where prohibited, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation. Winners release Sponsor, its directors, employees and agents including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Global Golf Post, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate families and/or household members of each are not eligible. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documentation. This Contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to law of the state of Florida, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.”